Thursday 8 July 2010

Ukraine 3

Ukraine 2

I have discovered some new bands. I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised that the scene in Ukraine began to develop and there are bands that play excellent hardcore.

Walls Between Us (Ivano-Frankivsk) play an energetic and moderately fast melodic hardcore with good breakdowns and singalongs.

I like Woundead (Kiev) who play hardcore punk with some metal influence.


Bluesbreaker (Kiev)

Leviathan (Odessa) have a good energy and powerful riffs.

More recently (07/03/2010) in Kiev was last show of Moscow hardcore punk band Ray. With them on the show were Woundead, Bluesbreaker and Leviathan. I could not get to the show but I've heard only positive reviews, everything was great!


I also want to mention Memorials (Simferopol) who play good melodic hardcore.


Cheers to the guys from Vinnitsa, where Poisoned have appeared.


I recently learned of the new Ukrainian label Carpathian Records The label really helps promote and popularise young hardcore bands from Russia and Ukraine. They also have their own distro. I wish the guys luck and say that they are doing very useful work that needs to be highlighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment