Monday 19 April 2010

Art - Joneh


"I'm an art school dropout, and I also play bass in a band called Final Attack.


I've been doing artwork for the past 6-7 years, mostly for local bands. It's only for the past 3 years that I've been doing this stuff internationally...getting my stuff noticed. At first it was because I was promoting my band and it turns out most of the people I come in contact with are interested in the artwork.


One of the first bands I did something for was Ruiner. I made the Raven t-shirt design. I came in contact with them through myspace. They asked me if i could do designs for them. I made the design but they were not really satisfied with the one i made, so they were going to juggle between my design and another artist's design. Knowing this situation, I sacrificed my band's design and submitted it for Ruiner, and turns out that they love it!


Later on I kept doing stuff for overseas bands, such as; Pulling Teeth, Vanguard, Everybody's Enemy, Grave Maker, Nation Afire, Hang The Bastard just to name a few, also still doing artwork for my band and any other local band from my hometown.


As for my artwork style, I use a range of media, such as photography, photoshop, but I also do hand-drawn illustration. Most of them are depending on my mood or depending on the request of the bands. My artworks are inspired by Jacob Bannon, Linas Garsys, Barf, and the all mighty Pushead."


Links :
This is where i post random stuff that interests me - Deprived of Life tumblr
I post some of my artwork here - Congkakulasflickr
Get in touch with me here - www.myspace.com/congkakculas or jonehgood@gmail.com
This is where I post stuff related to me, my band, and local shows - Deprived of Life blogspot
Artwork post - Congkakulas Deviantart
--
Joneh

No comments:

Post a Comment